- Verify that the end of the fiber cable is securely connected to the ONU’s (Optical Network Unit) PON.
- Verify that the power cord is securely connected.
- Verify that one end of the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the modem’s Ethernet port. Verify that the other end is securely connected to the computer’s Ethernet port.
- If using a router, verify that the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the router’s Internet, WAN or modem port.
Intermittent connection & No connection
- Reset your modem by unplugging the power cable from the modem (and the router if you are using one).
- Wait approximately one minute for the modem to reset.
- Plug in your modem first, and then your router. If you are using a router, allow about two minutes for the router to “sync” (i.e., reconnect) with the modem.
- Wait for lights to stop blinking on the modem (and wireless router if you have one).
- If you are connecting via wireless, make sure you’re within range of your wireless router and that the wireless connection on your computer is turned ON.
Leaving your computer powered on and allowing it to sleep when not in use has the potential to cause slow browsing. Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve this issues.
- Locate and click Restart (usually positioned near the computer’s Shut Down option).
- Once your computer has restarted, open an Internet browser.
- Test your Internet connection by going to at least two websites.
If you have any viruses or unnecessary software running in your computer’s background, it may reduce the amount of processing power and speed available for data from the internet.
To discover whether you have a virus installed on your computer, install anti-virus software (if you don’t already have it) and run a full system scan.
- In your browser settings, check the size of your cache/disk space to use for temporary Internet files.
- The recommended disk space to use for your cache/temporary Internet files is 50-250MB. Increasing the size of your cache/temporary Internet files may improve the speed of your back button and the display of graphics and banners.
For an easier way to contact us, please use My account.
Or send us an SMS to 0770.033.053
Or leave a message below and we'll call you in 30 minutes or less. Guaranteed!